Latest posts by Jovin Tardif (see all)
Interview with Reggae Artist Simon Humble
Today on What On What’s Good with Host Jovin Tardif, I am here with Reggae Artist Simon Humble. Humble new self-produced EP will be out in January 2020. Songs will include “Never The Same”, “Fools Run”, “Fiya Girl“, “Must Legalize” and “This Is Life”. In our interview, we discuss songwriting, his musical influences, his experience at the Junos, touring around the world, and much more.
1. Can you tell us about the style of music that you like to perform?
My style is like soul fused reggae, I like to perform acoustically also so that puts me into a folksy soul kinda style. But I’m a reggae artist essentially.
2. Who would you say your influences were in the music industry growing up and why?
Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, and Peter Tosh were main influences, I always had an interest in the revolutionary artists with a mission to fight against a bigger cause but using the power of music to get their point across.
3. Could you describe your experience at the Juno Awards and your reaction when you won an award for your sophomore album entitled ‘Everything’?
The feeling was surreal. It was a memorable moment of achievement. So honoured that my peers acknowledged my work. The first person I called was my mom who told all her friends her son just won a ‘Junior’ award. (Laugh out Loud)
4. Could you tell us a little about your first self-produced EP coming out in January 2020?
Yes, my first self produced project, I spent a year in Edmonton learning music production. I’m excited to see how people accept it and if it can earn me the distinction of ‘producer’ to my name. More than any other album I’ve released this is surely the most important project for me for that reason.
5. Just for fun. Since you travelled a lot while touring, can you tell us about a memorable moment?
I remember being in Trinidad on a small tour with Demolition Man and I wore army camouflage to the show and police and military surrounded me before my performance backstage causing a scene ..all because military clothing is banned in Trinidad ..so I had to change before my performance.
Top Tracks for Humble
Fools Run (Official Video) – Simon Humble
This is Life (Official Video) – Simon Humble