Interview with Aline Kurik
Today on What On What’s Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Aline Kurik. In our interview, we discuss being a make-up artist at Lalina Cosmetics and event coordinator at Open World Toronto Film Festival (OWTFF).
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I graduated from Centennial College from the Criminal Justice Service Program. It is now known as Correctional Services. Struggling to find work in the field, I continued my career as a makeup artist.
2. Let’s discuss Lalina cosmetics? What type of services do you offer?
I am a certified makeup artist. I have worked on many guests and clients for events, festivals, weddings, television, and film. About 16 years ago, I started as a Part-Time Beauty Advisor at Rexall. That experience got me to where I am today. I am very thankful for that experience. I worked my way up the Corporate ladder but decided to become an entrepreneur. It was time to follow my dreams and many passions.
3. You are also the owner of Connectinthe6. Can you talk about your event planning services?
Connect in the 6ix is an event service and networking hub for all entrepreneurs and small business owners. We help each other collaborate, find jobs, and plan your event with ease. The goal is to have fun with your family, friends, and colleagues.
4. Do these two services often go hand-in-hand? Please explain.
As a winner from the Canadian National Volunteer Association, I realized I can put both of my passions together and that’s when Connect in the 6ix came to life. I was able to connect and help others to find jobs or build relationships. Essentially, I am trying to build a friendly network that promotes positivity.
5. Just for fun, are you currently reading any interesting new books?
Is it bad?!? I have not read a book in a year. I was actually planning my wedding. Steven, my husband, and I got married on October 4, 2019, at Spencer’s at the Waterfront on Burlington. If you have never been to this venue/restaurant, it is a must!!!
Follow What On What’s Good
Other Interviews at What On What’s Good
- Aline Kurik discusses event planning
- Michael Chan discusses special talents
- Lynz Crichton discusses how she got into singing
- Suzanne Pratley discusses her role in ‘Limited’
- Khaled Sabawi discusses Open Screenplay
- Mark Datuin discusses short film “Limited”
Tags: Aline Kurik