Meet Ultimate Cowboy Showdown Contestant Jennifer Hudgins
Today on What On What’s Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Jennifer Hudgins. Jennifer is a contestant on the upcoming season of Ultimate Cowboy Showdown. In this Reality-TV series, fourteen cowboys compete in the gruelling Texas heat for a chance to win the prize of a lifetime. The 2nd Season hosted by country music icon Trace Adkins begins on Wednesday, February 24th at 9PM ET on INSP. Today we meet Jennifer Hudgins. Last week we spoke to Ora Brown. Other interviews include Katey Jo Gordon.
1. Can you tell us a little about your background?
My name is Jennifer Hudgins, and I come from a long line of cowboys and ranchers, so being a cowboy is in my blood. My mom and dad had me on a horse before I could walk. I grew up following my father on my pony to help him check the cattle. I knew from an early age that I wanted to be a cowboy.
2. What made you decide to be part of the Ultimate Cowboy Showdown?
I felt like competing on Ultimate Cowboy Showdown was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I was a little nervous about doing it, but I knew I could not pass up the chance to be a part of the show. My dad really pushed me to put myself out there and just go for it.
3. Describe what it was like when you were picked to be on the show.
I don’t think it really hit me when I first found out. It wasn’t until after I shared the news with my family that it really hit me, and that is when I got excited.
4. Ultimate Cowboy Showdown is hosted by country music icon Trace Adkins. What is it like working with him and meeting him?
I have always been a fan of his music, so it was a big deal to meet a country music legend like Trace Adkins. It was really intimidating working with Trace at first; he has a very commanding presence. After the first few days, however, it was easier to talk to him. He is definitely someone you respect, and you really do not want to disappoint him.
5. What are some characteristics needed to be an ultimate cowboy?
There is way more to being a cowboy than boots and a hat. To be an ultimate cowboy, you have to have the utmost respect for the livestock and land in your care. An ultimate cowboy respects others works hard and possesses a no-quit attitude. It is truly a lifestyle.
6. What would you say is the one of toughest cowboy skills to learn and why?
A good cowboy has to be a good horseman. The horse is one of the cowboy’s most valuable tools, and cowboys owe their horses gratitude and respect. It takes years to really become a horseman and learn all the ins and outs of a horse. We are only as good as the horse we ride, and if we do not teach them correctly then we have to work even harder to get a job done.
7. In your opinion, what can we learn from watching Ultimate Cowboy Showdown on INSP?
Ultimate Cowboy Showdown is a chance for people to see a little glimpse into the life of a real cowboy. I hope people see that even though we are competing against each other, we still respect each other and the livestock in our care.
Follow What On What’s Good (#whatonwhatsgood)
Other Interviews at What On What’s Good
- Terez new music video for her single ‘This City’
- Nicole Sumerlyn discusses single “Over A Drink”
- Exclusive: Southern Rock Band Stone Senate
- Trevor Knight discusses new single “Sugar”
- Jennifer Hudgins in Ultimate Cowboy Showdown
- Katey Jo Gordon in Ultimate Cowboy Showdown
- Ora Brown in Ultimate Cowboy Showdown
- Kate Green discusses NarcoLeap Season 2