Greenland is an action film. The director of the film is Ric Roman Waugh. The writer of the story is Chris Sparling. The producers include Basil Iwanyk, Sébastien Raybaud, Gerard Butler, and Alan Siegel.
- Gerard Butler (Gods of Egypt, Geostorm, Den of Thieves, The Vanishing, and Hunter Killer) as John Garrity
- Morena Baccarin (Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Homeland, The Twilight Zone) as Allison Garrity
- Roger Dale Floyd as Nathan Garrity
- Scott Glenn as Dale, Allison’s father
- David Denman as Ralph Vento
- Hope Davis as Judy Vento
- Andrew Bachelor as Colin
- Merrin Dungey as Major Breen
- Gary Weeks as Ed Pruitt
- Tracey Bonner as Peggy Pruitt
- Claire Bronson as Debra Jones
- Madison Johnson as Ellie Jones
- Holt McCallany as pilot
A family fights for survival as a planet-killing comet races to Earth. John Garrity (Gerard Butler), his estranged wife Allison (Morena Baccarin), and young son Nathan make a perilous journey to their only hope for sanctuary. Amid terrifying news accounts of cities around the world being leveled by the comet’s fragments, the Garrity’s experience the best and worst in humanity while they battle the increasing panic and lawlessness surrounding them. As the countdown to the global apocalypse approaches zero, their incredible trek culminates in a desperate and last-minute flight to a possible safe haven.
Gerald Butler discusses “Greenland”
This film is told from the inside out. You’re involved with this family. There are intimate
character portraits. The themes are family, renewal, humanity – what life is really about. I found that deep and powerful. The script was incredibly emotional.
It’s not about your typical hero punching the comet in the face!
Everyone’s a hero. I enjoyed the subtleties in it. It’s not just about the spectacle, but the truth and the messiness of family life. It’s the NOT knowing. The film presents so many moral challenges, as well as all the bells and whistles.
This movie will take audiences by surprise, take them on a journey, inspire them – and scare the beejeezus out of them! GREENLAND is a ride.
Morena Baccarin discusses her character Allison
My character, Allison, was just as involved as her husband in bringing the family back
together, and navigating the incredible circumstances around them.
The movie will be available on December 18, 2020.
Follow What On What’s Good
- Alison Brie discusses “Promising Young Woman”
- Soul introduces Joe Gardner (voice of Jamie Foxx)
- Darius Marder discusses “Sound of Metal”
- Director Reginald Hudlin discusses “Safety”
- Director Tara Miele discusses “Wander Darkly”
- KJ Apa and Sofia Carson in “Songbird”
- Gerald Butler discusses “Greenland” movie
- Fatale with Hilary Swank and Michael Ealy
- Francis Ford Coppola re-edited final Godfather film
- Julia Hart discusses “I’m Your Woman” film