I’m Your Woman starring Rachel Brosnahan
I’m Your Woman is a crime drama. Julia Hart and Jordan Horowitz wrote the story. The director of the film is Julia Hart. The producers are Rachel Brosnahan and Jordan Horowitz.
Rachel Brosnahan as Jean
Arinzé Kene as Cal
Marsha Stephanie Blake as Teri
Bill Heck as Eddie
Frankie Faison as Art
Marceline Hugot as Evelyn
James McMenamin as White Mike
The movie is set in the 1970s. A woman is forced to go on the run after her husband betrays his partners, sending her and her baby on a dangerous journey.
Director Julia Hart discusses “I’m Your Woman”
The primary inspiration for wanting to set in the ’70s was to reclaim a bit of that period and that genre for a female protagonist. It’s such a powerful metaphor for what it means to be a woman in the world. I just feel like we are constantly on the run, dodging misogyny and trying to push the glass ceiling up. So much of the world is against women or wants women to fail, or doesn’t want us to succeed or come into our power. I often feel like we’re constantly on the run and having to rescue ourselves, and give ourselves permission to come into our own powers since the world doesn’t always seem to want us to.
The movie will be available on December 4.
It will also be available on Prime Video on December 11.
Follow What On What’s Good
- Alison Brie discusses “Promising Young Woman”
- Soul introduces Joe Gardner (voice of Jamie Foxx)
- Darius Marder discusses “Sound of Metal”
- Director Reginald Hudlin discusses “Safety”
- Director Tara Miele discusses “Wander Darkly”
- KJ Apa and Sofia Carson in “Songbird”
- Gerald Butler discusses “Greenland” movie
- Fatale with Hilary Swank and Michael Ealy
- Francis Ford Coppola re-edited final Godfather film
- Julia Hart discusses “I’m Your Woman” film