Old directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Old is a drama/mystery/thriller film. The director of the movie is M. Night Shyamalan.
Gael García Bernal (Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle) as Guy
Vicky Krieps (Phantom Thread) as Prisca
Rufus Sewell (Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle) as Charles
Ken Leung (Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens) as Jarin
Nikki Amuka-Bird (Jupiter Ascending) as Patricia
Abbey Lee (HBO’s Lovecraft Country) as Lisa
Aaron Pierre (Syfy’s Krypton) as Kevin
Alex Wolff (Hereditary) as Trent
Embeth Davidtz (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) as Susan
Eliza Scanlen (Little Women) as Cara
Emun Elliott (Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens) as Josh
Kathleen Chalfant (Showtime’s The Affair) as Diana
Thomasin McKenzie (Jojo Rabbit) as Maddox
From the director of The Sixth Sense, The Village and Split, this summer we meet a family heading to a tropical island. The twist is that the mysterious beach makes people age at an alarming speed. The question is why?
The movie will be available on July 23, 2021
M. Night Shyamalan discusses Old
When I was thinking of the premise, I wondered whether audiences would be okay without a physical villain. There isn’t a raptor chasing them trying to eat them…it’s time.
Is a 13 years old thinking about vulnerability right now? No, they don’t about anything. They can live forever. 70 to 80 years feels like 4000 years to them. But if I sped it and I have only to nightfall to live, then it suddenly extremely scary for whatever age you are at. So it’s about our relationship to time and do we feel like this is a linear thing that ends and is that the correct way to think.
Sometimes I talk about ghosts but this one is about time.
The movie is based on the graphic novel Sandcastle by Pierre Oscar Lévy and Frederik Peeters.
The film producers include M. Night Shyamalan, Ashwin Rajan (Glass, AppleTV+’s Servant) and Marc Bienstock (Glass, Split).
The film’s executive producer is Steven Schneider.
- Henry Golding discusses Snake Eyes
- M. Night Shyamalan discusses Old
- Zoe Lister-Jones discusses How it Ends
- Documentary Stuntman with Eddie Braun
- Spy/Thriller Double Blind Movie Review
- Joe Bell starring Mark Wahlberg
- The Boss Baby Family Business with Alec Baldwin
- The Exchange starring Justin Hartley
- The Forever Purge directed by Everardo Gout
- Questlove discusses “Summer of Soul”
- The Tomorrow War starring Chris Pratt
- Fear Street Trilogy Event on Netflix
- Scarlett Johansson discusses Black Widow
- LeBron James in “Space Jam: A New Legacy”