The Starling is a comedy/drama film. The director of the movie is Theodore Melfi.
- Melissa McCarthy (Thunder Force, Bridesmaids) as Lilly Maynard
- Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids, The Sapphires, Moone Boy) as Jack Maynard
- Kevin Kline (Wild Wild West, Dave, A Fish Called Wanda, French Kiss) as Larry
- Timothy Olyphant (Fargo, Santa Clarita Diet, Justified) as Travis Delp
- Daveed Diggs (Soul, Hamilton)
- Skyler Gisondo (Vacation, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2)
- Loretta Devine (Crash, Boston Public, Waiting to Exhale, Urban Legend)
- Laura Harrier (Spider-Man: Homecoming, The Last Five Years, 4th Man Out)
- Rosalind Chao as Fawn (Mulan, The Laundromat, Plus One, The Joy Luck Club)
- Kimberly Quinn (Hidden Figures, St. Vincent, El Camino Christmas)
- Emily Tremaine (Vinyl, Guilt, The Blacklist, The Wolf of Wall Street) as Alice
- Scott MacArthur (The Righteous Gemstones, The Mick, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Mad Men) as Ralph
- Elisabeth Rohm (American Hustle, Joy, Angel, Law & Order) as Nancy Rothwelder
- Veronica Falcón (Jungle Cruise, Why Women Kill, Perry Mason, Queen of the South) as Rosario Alvarez
After Lilly suffers a loss, a combative Starling takes nest beside her quiet home. The feisty bird taunts and attacks the grief-stricken Lilly. On her journey to expel the Starling, she rediscovers her will to live and capacity for love.
The movie will be available at the 2021 edition of the Toronto International Film Festival
The screenplay is by Matt Harris.
It will be available on Netflix in 2021.
The producers are Theodore Melfi, Kimberly Quinn and Dylan Sellers
Production companies – Limelight, Entertainment One, Boies/Schiller Film Group