Interview with Recording Artist & Actress Nicole Michelle
Today On What On What’s Good, I am here with Recording Artist & Actress Nicole Michelle. Nicole first started singing and dancing at the age of 9 in Pelham, New Hampshire. At 11, Nicole sang to an audience for the first time. Soon after, she sang the National Anthem for the Patriots, the Boston Celtics, and the Boston Red Sox. By the time she turned 15, she recorded her first full-length project titled “Generation N”. In this cinqque5tion interview, we find out about how she felt performing the National Anthem, her musical background, her role in Bernie the Dolphin 2, her musical influences, advice from other performers, and her new jewelry line.
1. What was it like performing the National Anthem for the Patriots in the Fall (describe the experience, the atmosphere, preparation, etc.) Please also describe your performing in front of Boston Celtics and Boston Red Sox fans.
I performed the National Anthem for the Patriots when I was just 12 years old. I remember being so nervous and then the second I started singing it all faded away. It was one of the first large performances I’ve ever had. After singing for the Patriots, I sang the National Anthem for the Boston Celtics about 7 times. This was one of my favorite places to sing, after a few times- it just felt so normal and awesome to be there. I sang the National Anthem for a few other large sports teams as well, including Boston Red Sox and NASCAR.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your musical background and the process of creating 2 songs for Lionsgate/Ambigroup film Bernie the Dolphin?
Things with music started getting really serious around the time I was 14 years old. I started recording music with big names like Jeff Timmons from 98 degrees and KayGee from Naughty By Nature. I got involved with Bernie the Dolphin and flew out to California to record 2 songs for the first movie. In the second movie, I also did 2 songs for the soundtrack as well as acted in the movie.
3. You were cast for a role in Bernie the Dolphin 2. Can you describe your character and your experience on-set?
My character’s name is Harper and she’s a teenage girl who gets stuck on an island with her friend Ellie (played by amazing actress Tommi Rose) when their jet ski breaks down. The entire experience was incredible- from flying to Florida and enjoying the views and beaches- to meeting some of the nicest and most talented people you can find.
4. Who are some of your musical influences?
Surprisingly enough, I was brought up listening to country. As a kid, I loved Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, and Brad Paisley. As I got into my early teenage years I mostly listened to pop- my main influence in pop was always Demi Lovato because of her control and range in her vocals as well as the way she uses her platform for standing up for what she believes in. Later I absolutely fell in love with R&B. My favorite artists are currently SZA, Kehlani, Summer Walker, and Bryson Tiller.
5. You have performed alongside superstars Peyton List, Alessia Cara, Bebe Rhexa, Dua Lipa, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, and many more. Can you tell us of any advice you received from any of these performers?
The best advice I’ve received was from Alessia Cara- which was to make sure I’m having fun with my performance. If I’m having fun and my energy is high, the crowd will feel it too.
6. You launched a jewelry line in Spring 2020. Can you tell us more about it?
I launched a jewelry line this year with Dune Jewelry. Dune Jewelry is a company that works with elements of your choosing to create experiential jewelry. Currently, we have a few pieces up on their website, but we are constantly working on new designs that you will love. The best part about these pieces is that you can fill them with sand from a place you love, flowers, sawdust, shells, coral, etc. 🙂
Follow Nicole Michelle
Previous #CINQQUE5TION INTERVIEWS WITH JOVIN TARDIF in June 2020
Author Jovin Tardif
- Would you like to do a #cinqque5tion interview?
- Have an interesting story to tell?
- Do you need help with social media?
- Need a review for your restaurant, film festival or movie premiere?
- Want to partner or advertise with #whatonwhatgood?
- Need content for your magazine, newspaper, or other media?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to fill out the contact form below.