OYLS releases music video Netflix (Your Product is Too Good)
OYLS is an LA-based electronic duo. Group members include David Kirshenbaum and Michael Lipp. The band recently released the music video for their song “Netflix (Your Product Is Too Good)” from the album OYLS (For Your Consideration). It stars legendary actor Danny Trejo. The video is directed by Nicole Lipp.
Statement from OYLS about Netflix (Your Product Is Too Good)
The song is really about how we cope with our negative feelings, whether they stem from the stress of our daily lives, mental illness, or uncertainty about the world.
To have someone of Danny’s stature willing to portray a vulnerable character struggling with his own mind is invaluable to normalizing our conversations about mental health. It really is a huge honor to have him involved.
We explore some of the conflicted relationships we have with pervasive technology and late-stage capitalism. Unlimited content at our fingertips is both a remarkable tool and a powerfully addictive escape.
We hope to impact the discourse surrounding mental illness. It’s such a stigmatized topic but so many suffer on a daily basis that it really shouldn’t be. Hopefully, we can help make that change.
OYLS (For Your Consideration)
- OYLS (Welcomes You)
- Visa (Paid For My Parking Ticket)
- Instagram (You Remind Me I’m Worthy)
- Netflix (Your Product Is Too Good)
- Zoloft (Makes Me Comfortable)
- AppleCare (Doesn’t Cover Arson)
- The New York Times (Sold Me a Mattress, Pt. 1)
- The New York Times (Sold Me a Mattress, Pt. 2)
- Comcast (Thanks You for Your Patience)
Follow What On What’s Good
- Bobbo Byrnes discusses “SeaGreenNumber5”
- Barenaked Ladies discuss LP “Detour de Force”
- Sea Fever discusses songs from “Folding Lines”
- KIIA discusses new single “King of the Night”
- OYLS discusses music video with Danny Trejo
- Tommy Newport & EarthGang discuss “Stargazer”
- Vanessa Carlton discusses ‘Love is An Art Deluxe’
- Scott Nicholls discusses single, “Heartbeat”
- Lil Berete discusses “Icebreaker 2” mixtape