Peter Wise is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer based out of Brooklyn, New York. His latest single is “Window Dressing”.
Statement by Peter Wise about new single “Window Dressing”
I wrote this song two months ago after getting a stream of feedback and opinions regarding my career and how I should sound in order to be a successful artist. In response to a lot of this feedback, I was motivated to write an anti-pop song: something very long with a lot of chord changes, a low melody and a guitar solo, more or less the antithesis of the modern pop song. Go figure, when I turned the idea in my head into a voice memo, the song sounded pretty anthemic and pop-y! I self-produced and mixed Window Dressing as well, so the entire concept came together as a statement of holding onto my identity regardless of the opinions of others.
Wise is currently working on more pop-driven material for 2021. There will be new songs in the spring and summer.
Wise has collaborated with The Eagles, Lisa Fischer, Liza Anne and Joey Dosik (Vulfpeck).
Follow What On What’s Good
- cleopatrick discusses songs from “Bummer” album
- Ruth B. discusses single “Situation”
- “If They’re Mine” by Raina Sokolov-Gonzalez
- Perdurabo discusses ‘No Limits Of Extension’
- Let’s Be Giants discusses single “I Don’t Mind”
- Black Creek Reign discusses single “Run Away”
- Miesha & The Spanks discuss ‘Singles EP’
- Peter Wise discusses single “Window Dressing”
Tags: Peter Wise