Interview with Canadian singer-songwriter Nova Rose
Today on What On What’s Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Nova Rose. Nova is a singer-songwriter from Montreal, QC. Nova has been writing songs with artists from around the world. She plays the violin, guitar and piano. Her latest single is “G.L.I.T.R.” Previous tracks include “Need Me”, “Just in Case” and “Heavy Hitters”.
1. What would you say is your favourite place in Montreal and why?
Anywhere near water, I love watching the sunset over the water.
2. Some of your musical influences are Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Tove Lo, Astrid S., Zara Larsson and Halsey. If you had to pick one song from each artist, what would it be and why?
I love this question.
Lady Gaga – Every song. I can’t pick it’s too hard. I grew up listening to Lady Gaga, she got me through high school, every song is important to me because it represents a specific moment in time. It wouldn’t be fair to just pick one!
Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now: Such an empowering and fun song. Probably have played it too many times.
Tove Lo – Cool Girl: i wish I wrote this song! It really captures who Tove Lo is and I love it.
Astrid S. – Emotion: this song hits hard for me, got me through a rough patch.
Zara Larsson – Never Forget You: this was some of the first Zara tracks I heard so it holds a special place for me!
Halsey – Hold Me Down: this was one of the first Halsey covers I performed! Such a cool track.
3. What was it like working with music producer Jay Century on “G.L.I.T.R”?
Super fun! I had just met Jay a few minutes before starting G.L.I.T.R.. He is a great person and really cool to work with.
4. What festival would you like to be a part of and why?
Hands down Osheaga. I grew up with that festival and it’s in my hometown so it would be a dream come true!
5. Do you have any place in particular around the world where you would want to perform? Please describe.
I feel like performing in Japan would be insane. I’d love to visit there someday.
6. If you could collaborate with another musician who would it be and why?
Tove Lo would be insane and then Lady Gaga because that’s who I looked up to growing up.
Follow What On What’s Good
Other interviews at What On What’s Good
- Nova Rose discusses latest single “G.L.I.T.R.”
- Scarlet Ayliz discusses new songs coming soon
- Cotter Hill discusses new single “Good for Me”
- Joe Duca discusses “Her Name Was Jo” (2020)
- Tristan Riggs discusses “The Seventh Day” (2021)
- Kieran Mercer – “Looking Through the Glass”