Interview with Qsofresh about his new single “Potion” feat. Lil Keed
A few words from Qsofresh about his musical influences, musical style, his writing process, and creating his new single ‘Potion‘ ft. Lil Keed. Qsofresh is signed by Blimp City Records, a U.S. based record label led by international Hip Hop artist and music executive, Marlon Grimes – Maddi Madd.
1. Can you tell us a few of your musical influences.
A few of my musical influencers are Tupac, Biggie Smalls & Michael Jackson.
2. Describe your musical style.
HipHop & R&B, I am a versatile artist! Different styles attract my attention.
3. Could you explain your process for writing music?
Making music depends on what mood I’m feelin’ at the time but most times I’ll run a few beats & create a chorus to ride on, starting with the chorus heading into the first verse, second, etc… recording it in a studio on a mic then getting it mixed and mastered after the vocals are laid down.
4. Can you give us a behind-the-scenes look into creating ‘Potion’ with Lil Keed in the studio?
Well I first came up with the style in the name of the song & decided to give it an R&B / HipHop mix to draw attention for both sides of the audience
5. What sort of message should we get from your new single ‘Potion’ available on July 3rd?
Women run tha world.
June 18, 2020
Qsofresh (Q Elijah M) of Blimp City Records will drop his new single, “POTION” July 3rd. “POTION” is distributed by Universal Music and features Young Thug’s YSL Records recording artist, Lil Keed. Qsofresh is signed by Blimp City Records, a U.S. based record label led by international Hip Hop artist and music executive, Marlon Grimes. (Maddi Madd).
Qsofresh is a serious and intuitive artist who combines minimalist with the grittiness of Trap for a sound that cuts to the core of fan’s emotions. The 19-year-old Canadian Hip Hop artist writes from his own experiences keeping in mind the temperature on the streets, uniquely aware of who his fans are, and what they want. Deep respect for those who have come before him keeps the multi-talented artist focused on the journey ahead. “POTION” gives you a glimpse into that journey.
Blimp City Records is a U.S. based record label led by international Hip Hop artist and music executive, Marlon Grimes. Grimes is a hit-making artist who goes by the name, Maddi Madd. Maddi Madd has worked with artists such as Rah Digga, C-Bo, Jodeci, Ginuwine, Flo Rida & Jamie Foxx. An artist himself puts Grimes in a position to take Blimp City Records in a direction that’s right for the individual needs of its artists. Maddi Madd (Marlon Grimes) is a visionary who knows where his artists need to be and how to get them there.
“POTION” drops July 3rd. Be ready!!!
Follow What On What’s Good
Other Interviews at What On What’s Good
- KIIA discusses new single “King of the Night”
- Planet 12 LAW discusses working with Sinbad
- Tilda Del Toro discusses crime-drama Capone
- 80 Empire discuss upcoming album Legacy
- Dillin Hoox discusses new track Problem
- Qsofresh discusses new single Potion
- Wolfgang Weber discusses “Interpreters”
- Borelson discusses ‘As Far As Eye Can See’
- Carolyn Bridget Kennedy – paralegal to entertainer
- FoXx Williams discusses single Up Ting