Moxie (2021 Film) Information
Moxie is a comedy-drama film. Amy Poehler is the director of the PG-13 movie. It is based on the novel by Jennifer Mathieu.
Hadley Robinson as Vivian
Lauren Tsai as Claudia
Alycia Pascual-Peña as Lucy
Nico Hiraga as Seth
Sabrina Haskett as Kaitlynn
Patrick Schwarzenegger as Mitchell
Anjelika Washington as Amaya
Josie Totah as CJ
Amy Poehler as Lisa
Ike Barinholtz as Mr. Davies
Marcia Gay Harden as Principal Shelly
Clark Gregg as John
Charlie Hall as Bradley
Synopsis of the film
Fed up with the sexist and toxic status quo at her high school, a shy 16-year-old finds inspiration from her mother’s rebellious past and anonymously publishes a zine that sparks a school-wide, coming-of-rage revolution.
Amy Poehler discusses how “Moxie” was developed
Kim Lessing, one of our producers at my production company Paper Kite, brought the book to me and was like, “You should check this out. It’s a great read.” All the women in our office read it, and we were all really moved by the story and the idea that a revolution can start with one step.
I was interested in directing again after Wine Country. So we developed this movie from the very beginning. I called Jennifer Mathieu and talked through her original vision, found the writers to write the script, and were involved from start to finish, which has been the coolest.
The movie will be available on March 3, 2021.
Adapted for the screen by Tamara Chestna and Dylan Meyer.
Filmed in Altadena, California.
Follow What On What’s Good
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League available tomorrow
- Nicholas Jarecki’s approach to “Crisis” movie
- Eddie Murphy discusses “Coming 2 America”
- Patrick Ness discusses “Chaos Walking”
- Eddie Huang describes 2021 Film “Boogie”
- Ilya Naishuller discusses “Nobody” movie
- Dominic Cooke describes “The Courier” movie
- Jodie Foster discusses “The Mauritanian”
- Raya and the Last Dragon trailer now available
- Amy Poehler discusses how Moxie was developed
- Florian Zeller discusses drama film “The Father”